The documentation you're currently reading is for version 2.3.0. Click here to view documentation for the latest stable version.
Network Essentials includes key foundational actions and workflows to automate Brocade network devices. This release includes automation building blocks for common networking tasks such as Edge Ports configuration and validation, Access Control List management. These basic building blocks are used by other Brocade Automation Suites. Customers can also use these Actions to create their own custom workflows for their specific automation needs.
High level summary of the Actions included in this release:
- Edge Ports Configuration
- Configuration and deletion of VLAN, Port Channel, VE, VRRPe, VRF on a switch
- Configuration of Access or Trunk VLANs on interfaces
- Setting MTU size at an interface level or system level
- Applying or removing an ACL on interfaces
- ACL Management
- Creation and deletion of L2 or L3 ACLs
- Add or remove IPv4 or IPv6 rules to an ACL
- Validation and Troubleshooting
- Validation of VLAN, Port Channel, VE, VRRPe, VRF on a switch
- Ping and validate connectivity from a switch to target IPs using the specified VRF
- Find to which switch, interface a physical or virtual host is connected to using IP or MAC address of the host
For more information about each action, read the Network Essentials Actions guide.
The Network Essentials Suite supports the following devices:
- Brocade VDX 6740, 6940, 8770 running Network OS 6.0.2c, 7.0.1b, 7.1.0 and later
- Brocade SLX 9850 running SLX-OS SLX-OS_16r.1.1, SLX-OS_17r.1.00 and later
- Brocade SLX 9540 running OS SLX-OS_17r.1.00 and later
- Brocade SLX 9240 running OS SLX-OS_17s.1.00 and later
- Brocade SLX 9140 running OS SLX-OS_17s.1.00 and later